A Title tag is an HTML markup element that points visitors to search engines and search engines themselves to the information contained on a particular page. Title (not to be confused with page header) is one of the most important elements of the internal optimization of the site. Correctly compiled Title is able to significantly improve the position of the promoted page in the search engine output.
How to make a Title meta-tag correctly?
The worst decision to make is to appoint an unqualified specialist responsible for the Tag of Title, because writing this element is a certain list of requirements. Due to the fact that Taitle affects both user behavioral factors and search engine algorithms, it must be as readable as possible, provide specific information and contain the most frequent keywords.
To create Title, you should first analyze the page and create a competent semantic core, which will be the main source of information used in this tag.
Rules for creating competent meta-tag Title
- Use the designated symbols wisely. Title length is 70-85 symbols. Usually it is 15-20 words. But this does not mean that going beyond the borders is fraught with terrible consequences. The most important thing is to use the most significant keywords in the secretle in a readable form for the user. If you fit into 45 symbols – good. If the acceptable minimum for you is 100 symbols – it’s not a problem either. The main thing is to make sure that the fragment of the secret word displayed in the search engine matches the subject of the page precisely enough;
- Make the secretle readable. To please the robot search engine – good, but do not forget that first of all you must entice the user. So forget about the list of keywords by comma (for example: a fan, buy a fan inexpensively, fans of the company “Carlson”); or their ridiculous use (for example: the sale of garages cheap price);
- Give preference to the most frequent words. It is rarely possible to fit all the keywords of the page in a secret, so low-frequency requests can be donated by placing them in the text or headlines;
- Strive for uniqueness of the secretle both at the level of the site and within the Internet. Often, uniqueness is achieved by writing at the end of the tag name of the company, site or brand, but if it contradicts the previous paragraph – feel free to sacrifice the name.
8 main NOT when writing Title tag
For some reason, it is in the work with this tag, many experts from year to year make the same mistakes, ignoring the general rules of writing a secret. If you want the element to work correctly and search engines like it then:
- do not use blank adjectives. We all want to tell potential customers that the page contains the best, beautiful, large, unimaginable information, or the products on this page are the most unique, delightful and exciting mind. All of the above epithets can not be used in a secret because they do not contain specific information and are almost never used by users when creating a query. Usually nobody writes: “buy a nice dress” or “where to find a large collection of backpacks”. However, adjectives related to the cost of products (low, cheap) are quite acceptable;
- do not use stop words. These include possessive and indicative pronouns (that one); opposing and separating unions (but either/or); particles (let them be). They are not perceived by search algorithms;
do not abuse key words or phrases. It is allowed to repeat two keyword forms in a secret. Their oversupply is a sign of oversleeping;
- do not copy the style of trust sites. Trust sites are resources that for many years have been leading positions in search engines. They can easily ignore the rules of seasonal optimization, because they have an already high credibility. Such frivolity is unacceptable to you;
- do not list all cities where you provide services. Exception – if you are a local company and work only in one or two cities. Otherwise, the used symbols will be wasted.
- do not create template shortcuts for all pages of your site. This is goodbye to pages with products that are hundreds in the online store and it is irrational to choose the original secret for each. But for all other options, the tag must be unique.
- do not be afraid to separate the text. Two lines of title without a single punctuation or separation sign only annoy the user. In this case, the readability and ease of use of this HTML element tends to zero.
- DO NOT USE UPPER CASE CHARACTERS. This is a sign of dilettantism. Surprise the user with content, not form.
What else do I need to know when filling out Title?
When writing the tile, pay attention to the specified frequency of the request. The keys “computer repair” and “computer repair” have different number of requests. Using the services adwords.google.com and wordstat.yandex.ru we can find the variant of the word form that will be more profitable for us. Example of meta Title: we hammer in “computer repair” and see that 13,000 users were interested in this query every month, while “computer repair” was interesting to 7,000 users. Naturally, the Title should use the keyword “computer repair”. This also applies to the writing of product brands. If the keyword “Lenovo laptop” is more significant, we write down the name in English, if “Lenovo laptop” – we use the Russian version of the brand in the secret. If both variants have good indicators of frequency of inquiries, we make a move with a horse and write “Lenovo laptop”.
Avoid writing numbers in a secret. This advice is for amateurs, but if you made up the phrase “cheap trips to Greece for $ 500”. – Be prepared to change the Title every time a price fluctuation changes this value.
Don’t underestimate the importance of the Title tag and keep a systematic eye on it. This is especially true for sites that have been active for several years. Over time, frequency search queries change or are updated. For example, if 5 years ago a query sounded like “order a project at home”, then modern trends complement it and turn it into “order a project at home. 3d model”. Naturally, additional information should be displayed on the page.
If you understand the importance of the correct filling of the taitle meta tag and the overall optimization of the site, but are limited in time or loaded with other tasks – our experts can help you with the question of professional website promotion.